Saturday, April 6, 2013

Spring Breakers... For Reals Yo

This past week has been practically flawless. I'm with some of my best friends, in one of my favorite places, doing some of my favorite things. I'm tellin' ya, I couldn't be happier.

The first day we got here. It was pretty late. We had been driving for countless hours and traffic had extended our drive. {There are a couple pictures from that.} We went straight to the condo, and from there our crazy spring break began.

The next day, we hustled our bustles to Disney. Yes, Disneyland. I'm a hater. I would honestly rather stay home and do nothing than go. But I will admit. It wasn't that bad. I lived. And got some cute pictures to prove it. We stood in line behind some British people with the most perfect little twins ever. I got a stalker pic of them. Kinda. Tower of Terror was the first ride. There is a picture of our faces. And the Cars ride is also shown... Yes. The boy I sat next to was verrry attractive. But whatever. We did California Adventure and Disney in one day. Holy Stress. In our teacup shot, we've all decided we look like sisters. Alma loved it.. The girl's gotten sassy. It's a recent development for her. We like it. She's a funny girl. Anyways, bailey has lost all feeling of embarrassment and logic. She decided to do some stupid stuff. There were 3 at Disneyland.
1. A man was walking though the park, filming the rides, the people, the experience. We all kinda laughed and thought he was a weird duck. But bailey couldn't handle it. She wanted to be in the movie. {maybe you can see where this is going} she ran. {when I say ran. I mean ran. The girl's like a friggin gazelle} she ran in front of the guys shot and screamed "I LOVE DISNEYLAND!!!" We all sat there with our mouths open. An she came bak with a smug little smile on her face. The fun began.
2. Sooo there were these boys. We hadn't really been stalking them. Just watching for them and basing our ride choices on them. Okay. We had stalked them. After the World of Color {which was pretty sick. I will admit} we were heading out of the park, I looked at bailey as we passed them and dared her to go hug one of the brothers. Almost immediately, she turned and cut back through the crowd. I stopped around 10 feet ahead of them and watched as she walked up and told them how awesome they were as she hugged this kid. Then she literally just walked back to me, shrugged, and dragged me back to our group.
3. This one is my personal favorite. This couple. {we decided they were newlyweds} were walking right ahead of us. We then dared her to walk up to the guy, grab his hand, and see what his reaction would be. She danced around the couple for a couple minutes, the rush of the leaving crowd didn't make this easy for her. But eventually. She did it. She matched her pace to theirs, grabbed his hand, and asked him how he was doing. We hid. All of us. Crouching so we wouldn't be seen. That girl's a winner. Holy cow.

On Tuesday my dad came. Party over. Just kidding, he's a trooper. We spent the day shopping and ate lunch at Red Robin where Bay and San stole my phone. {Sorry ladies. It gets stolen. It gets posted} our waiter looked like Dr. Avery on Grey's Anatomy. Bailey almost peed herself. So as her challenge of the day, she got a picture with him. {Check out her blog with pictures of her challenges} Finally we picked my dad up later that night after we went to Balboa for dinner. {Yes everything we do revolves around food. And most of the time, we plan the next meal while eating}

Wednesday, Hilary and her friend Hayden came. Our numbers are up to eight. Full car. Full of fun. We went to Laguna Beach before they flew in. In the morning we went on a walk to a cliff. We found sand creatures, sea anemones, and mating crabs... {they weren't fighting like we thought...} I got burned. Fried. Like a friggin lobster. I think lobsters are fried. I don't actually know. Whatever. You get the point. We went to one of out favorite places for lunch, Johnny Rockets. It's right off of Laguna Beach and is like the food equivalency of heaven. Mmm baby. Meanwhile, Baileys challenge of the day had not yet been decided. Across the street, {as I said before this place is right across from the beach} these guys set up this tight rope between two palm trees. They walked across it, jumped on it, flipped off it, and really just acted like idiots. We decided Bay had to go across the street and ask if she could try. So she did. They guys were very nice, and let her on it. She tried once and slipped off. They laughed and helped her and she tried again. Savanna and I are there the whole time, snapping pictures of course. And I got this beautiful picture of her biffing it. Don't worry though. One Of the guys grabbed her arm and saved her noggin.

On Thursday, it was a beautiful morning. We went on the walk to the cliff again, the crabs were still there. {I like to call them the honeymooners} we spent the day at the beach, and again, ate at Johnny Rockets for lunch. The tight rope walkers weren't there, that was disappointing. We didn't really do much. We shopped a bit. Ate at a little Mexican place that was gross. But I mean, it's all part of the adventure, right? Bailey didn't do a challenge on Thursday. There was nothing to be done. We figured Disneyland made up for that!

Friday was probably my favorite day. We woke up and headed to a beach that was right down from our condo. We walked down and went on our classic morning walk, but today we only traveled to an observation deck probably half a mile down the beach. When we went back home, everyone got ready for the day, and we drove to Hollywood. Alma wanted to see the Hollywood sign, so we made that happen. The famous Hollywood walk of fame, a souvenir store, and the Chinese theater we all a part of our day too. Finally, the fun began. My mom had bought us tickets to a Dodgers game. I. Love. Baseball. There's nothing I would've rather done. Because left field is "Ghetto and Sketchy" we sat in right field, and Matt Kemp was right by us. He had an amazing night. Did very well. He threw a ball right at us, but the tall peeps in front of us bounced it forward. Noobs. It was so fun though. I loved every second of it.

Whelp. I'm on my way. Back to the place I call home. The real world sucking me back in. I even have a paper due Monday. I'm on hour two of the ten hour drive. Wish me luck. Later kids.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment